Vintage Pink

Last Fall I bought this vintage pink cabinet from my friend, Dolly’s Aunt Bunny.  It has been sitting in the garage ever since.

If you know me, you know that I don’t have a lot of pink in my home.  I loved the cabinet and for $40 I just couldn’t pass it up!

I brought it in and knew it would work great for a ‘Valentines’ display.

It’s the perfect shade of pink and a little rough around the edges. . .just the way I like it!

DSC00387

It sits on my chippy table in front of the living room window.  Which doesn’t make for easy photography.  I finally closed the blinds and this is the best I could do.

DSC00406

I filled the shelves with little treasures. . .A collection of bottles.  The sweet ‘pearls of wisdom’ was a gift from my friend, Ann.  The small rose pitcher was a thrift find.

DSC00391

A teacup bought while vacationing in AZ, a vintage tea spoon, and a silver bird.

DSC00392

A few pieces of pretty pink dishes, a thrifted candle, an image printed from ‘the Graphics Fairy’ and a bird music box.  I just found the music box in St. George last weekend at a thrift for $7.  It still works and I thought it was so sweet!

DSC00389

I placed another thrift find on top along with an architectural piece.

DSC00394

A second architectural piece lies on the table next to a pink gazing ball that I placed in a small urn.  Love that sunshine streaming in!

DSC00380

DSC00381

I bought this gorgeous table topper with the crochet edge at an estate sale last year for $5.

DSC00385

I stood my paper wreath I made a couple years ago on the other side of the table.  It’s on a stand made from an old wooden stair rail.

DSC00382

DSC00398

You gotta love pearls and spoolie girls!

DSC00383

I strung my heart garland I made last year across the front of the table.

DSC00407

DSC00409

Right about now there’s a bit of ‘vintage pink’ love going on over here at Mrs. Olsons!

hugs,

Jann

p.s.  I want to thank Suzanne at Pieced Pastimes for featuring my Spoolies post at her Saturday Sparks party!

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

Pieced Pastimes for Saturday Sparks

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Dwellings for Amaze Me Monday

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

The Scoop

Knick of Time Tuesday

We Call it Junkin for History and Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

36 comments

Art and Sand said...

love the pink cabinet . . . love the paper wreath . . . but, best of all . . . love the reflection of you in the mercury ball.

Pamela Gordon said...

Jann, I love your pink cabinet and the whole vignette on the table. It looks just sweet. That table is wonderful in itself but the pink cabinet is so pretty. Love the heart garland too. I also like how you decorated your mantel in the previous post. You sure are getting your 'heart' into Valentine decorating.

LV said...

How nice, you took a plain pink cabinet and turned it into a work of art.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

The "pearls of wisdom" love that what sweet and thoughtful gift!
The little cabinet is perfect, what a nice find, I like it chippy too, looks fantastic!

Spittin-Toad said...

You are so good at putting things together!! I pinned it to my "Lovey Display" board. Denise

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
I just love that you decorate for each of the holidays and do such cute vignettes. I love coming to your blog so see what you are doing for each holiday. It just makes me smile. Love that awesome and I mean awesome cabinet. Sweet sweet sweet. Everything is so cute.
Kris

Winnie said...

I love everything with pink, so I can't help it - I love everything here.
Pink is romantic and it's warm, simply beautiful

Debbie said...

That pink cabinet is awesome, Jann...and you've staged the table so beautifully. If I had that cabinet, I'd find a place that needs some pink sweetness year round...but it's nice to see it out for Valentine's Day. I'm thinking it would work for Easter, too...bunnies like pink!
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

Salmagundi said...

Perfect for V-Day! And you accessorized it so well. Sally

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! Everything is just precious! Love the pink cabinet and the key hung on the door. And the gazing ball is amazing! I'm going to put one of those on my wish list! Love your tiny hearts, too! Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your little pink cabinet is adorable, Jann! I've been working on a little cabinet for my Valentine's Day mantel, too. I love your little thrifted rose pitcher you've got in your cabinet!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love your pink cabinet!! All your Valentine decorations are so sweet!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is adorable...I love it all, especially the banner!!

Christina Paul said...

What a beautiful shade of pink! Your cabinet is lovely and of course you have it so beautifully accessorized

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Darling vignette, Jann! The pink cabinet is just perfect. Love your paper wreath and all your other pretties, too :)

Ann said...

You styled that cabinet so cute for valentines. I can't believe it stayed in your garage for so long. I love the shade of the pink. Your heart garland is perfect on the chippy table.
Ann

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, that little cabinet is just precious in pink! Love it!
Hugs,
Patti

Shirley Hatfield said...

Everyone is lovin' that cabinet! I added touches of pink to my bathroom this year. I think we sometimes just need it to feel "in the pink."
Lovely display...is it in your downstairs kitchen area? I think the picture turned out quite well with the blinds closed. You had better luck than I usually do under those circumstances...lol!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your vintage pink!! The heart banner is adorable and that pink cabinet says it wants to live at my house.
hugs,
Cindy

priscilla said...

Looks Fabulous Jann !Love the little cabinet , so cute !

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Ah this is just so darn cute and pretty at the same time !:)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love it…I so remember when my dad painted all the furniture in my room as a child in a pretty pink!…brings back memories...

Donna Heber said...

I just love your pink cabinet Jann! A perfect additiona for Valentine's Day :-)

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Jann, that is the cutest little cupboard ever! And it is perfect for your Valentine display (Pink is In)
May, you have a wonderful week Jann!
You need to wear your apron the month of February! xo Roxy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So pretty in pink! I love your heart garland and how you put this beautiful vignette together! Visiting from Amaze Me Monday!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love that darling little pink cabinet!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Great find! And you know, that price is also a great find. Works perfectly for Valentine's Day although it is so nice you are going to have to find a place for it year round! :)

Unknown said...

Love your "pinkiness"!! It's the perfect little cabinet!~~Angela

tami said...

Love the cabinet

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jann,
Your new cabinet is divine, the perfect pink!! It's gorgeous loaded with your pretty treasure.. that little pink pitcher is my favorite, swoon!!
Have a great week,
Hugs,
Bella

One Shabby Old House said...

Love your little pink cabinet. I am going to have to paint something pink now.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love it all...every single piece! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Your pink cabinet is lovely the things you added to the shelves look great in it.
Denise

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a cute cabinet! You know I have four of the rimmed soup bowl with the roses. So pretty! I haven't seen it anywhere but here. I love the pattern beneath it too. Thanks for sharing, Jann.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh Jann that's the cutest thing!!! Now I'm going to have to go find a little cabinet to paint pink to use for Valentines! You know, imitation is the best form a flattery. Love how you styled it, too. Featuring this on my Link Party Features Pinterest Board. Thanks so much for linking this to the History & Home Link Party. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Jann, there's definitely a touch of romance in the Olson house. Love the little pink cabinet and it is so perfect for Valentine's day decorating. Thank you for sharing this with Shabbilicious Friday.

Instagram