Bye-Bye Winter!

Although Winter is a long way from being over, I’m saying good-bye to Winter.

Outside it is cold and frosty, and I greet you with a ‘Warm Winter Welcome’.

(isn’t my new easel chalkboard cute?  I just picked it up at T.J. Maxx over the weekend.)

DSC00312

DSC00308

DSC00310

But starting tomorrow I will be saying bye-bye to my indoor Winter décor.  I have loved it, but I’m ready for a change!

Frosty pinecones will soon be replaced with pretty hearts.

DSC00321

One might say that this ice is really going to get ‘canned’.

(I found it at an estate sale for $1.  I thought it was kind of fun.)

DSC00320

Jars filled with whites and bleached pinecones will soon hold pretty pink tokens of love.

DSC00317

DSC00318

As for the pearls, well I think they might be showing up in a Valentines display.

DSC00319

I’ll be saying farewell to frosty icicles. . .

DSC00323

snowflakes, and

DSC00315

snowballs.

DSC00327

DSC00322

You can bet this girl will be counting the days until the snowbird flies away and the bluebird returns.

DSC00325

Hmmm, look at that sweet face.  I may need to keep him out for Valentines.  Kind of reminds me of a love dove.

DSC00326

I will be replacing the frosty whites with pops of red and pink.

Look at these two new treasures I found at a consignment shop.  You know that they will show up for Valentines.

DSC00328

(Both of these tool boxes had been marked down.  One was $12 and the other $14.  I couldn’t decide which I liked best.  The tall red one is my fav, but not the best for displaying out of.  One of the employees suggested that I get both.  I laughed and shrugged it off.  Who knew that he would be right?  lol! 

Now if Old Man Winter would just cooperate and go bye-bye!  Not gonna happen for a while.

I’ll pass the time decorating and dreaming of warmer weather.

hugs,

Jann

p.s. I want to thank Kathryn from The Dedicated House for featuring my Heart Wreath at her Make it Pretty Monday party!

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Timewashed for Blissful Whites Wednesday

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

27 comments

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann
I know you will have it looking so sweet for valentines day.
Love those red tool boxes. The tall one is really awesome. I can't wait to see what you do with it
Kris

Pura Vida said...

no there's an idea...whoosh him out!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Sounds like a plan! I'm sitting here watching it snow again and feeling cold. I'm wishing spring was within sight for me! The red for valentines is always welcome and it's a nice warm color! Cute chalkboard :-)

Gina said...

Bring on the hearts! Sounds like a good idea to me.

cynthia lee designs said...

Sounds like a great plan to me to say goodbye to winter! Can't wait to see all of your pretty hearts.
hugs,
Cindy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looking forward to seeing all your hearts! Bye Bye Winter!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I just love all your pretty wintery touches!

Winter is far far far from over, we're just feeling the warm after effects of that polar vortex split. Snow and cold is not gone for long I venture to guess - so keep that pretty winter stuff up a while!

Hugs.

priscilla said...

Love your winter decorations ! Can't wait to see your Valentines decor !

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The message on the sign is humorous and a cute way to greet guests.

I wish it would be cool for a bit longer here.

Unknown said...

I just love the winter decor! Totally love! I am looking forward to your Valentine goodies!

Unknown said...

I've got a couple of Valentine's projects to do, then I'm switching out the snow flakes and snow men too! I'm looking forward to seeing your Valentine's decor!

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Jann, I must really be slow. I have just found my white ice skates and planning on getting out my snowman tomorrow. I loved the idea of decorating for Winter!
Oh well "you lead and I will follow"
In about 3 more weeks LOL
Blessings Always,
Thanks for leaving such sweet comments (I think you like me!) LOL

Pamela Gordon said...

You have so many sweet winter themed decorations Jann. I was thinking about putting out a Valentine theme soon but will keep the winter theme going at least until after Valentine's. Actually we'll be away for the last half of February (not anyplace warm!) so I really won't have to worry about Valentine's decorating so much. Hugs. Pam

Linda W. said...

Cute decor! Winter's just getting started in my neck of the woods. Our mountains finally got some snow last weekend. And you know me - I love a snowy winter! :)

Art and Sand said...

I made my first Valentine decoration of the year today. I hope to keep being creative all week.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Oh yes... I think you need both! They both have their own personality. I have one my brother gave me and I love it. I use it so much. Love your pinecones & nature decor for winter but I was happy to get back to normal and head towards Valentines Day!

Have a great day! Blessings, Edie Marie

Creations By Cindy said...

I just adore all of your decor! LOVE the chalkboard especially! Everything does indeed look warm and inviting! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

farmhouse-story said...

love the chalkboard and cute mittens, jann!

Lulu said...

Warmer weather will be here before you know it and you'll be ready for it. Winter decor has its place but I'm glad it doesn't stay around too long.

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Wow Jann, your winterscapes are gorgeous - each and every one of them. Love the snowflake hanging from the light fixture too! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for your Valentine décor.
Marie@TheInteriorFrugalista

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I enjoyed seeing all your beautiful winter displays.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love all your winter touches!! I'm holding on a couple more weeks to winter since we've been in the 70's here! I'm anxious to see your Valentines!!~~Angela

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Yes keep your cute little snowbird / lovebird out! :)

Tea in the Library said...

Love the little snow bird! I bought some doves after Christmas thinking they might be fun for Valentines day. Happy SYC Thursday! Have a blessed week!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I adore the hanging mittens! I pinned the idea. I've got to keep on the lookout for some cute ones.

Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

i really liked your winter decor, but I understand you'd want to change.

Fran said...

Thank you for one last look at your lovely winter decor! It has been raining and snowing here all day, I am sooooo ready for winter to end!
:) --Fran

Instagram