Pillow Talk

About a month ago I noticed that the pillows on my couch and love seat seemed to be talking to me.

“Dress me up for Christmas, please!”

That was all it took and I started pulling vintage items from my stash. Then a quick trip to Wal-mart for some burlap. Found a few items there to help dress them up.

After a few hours of racking the brain as to what to do- this is what I came up with.

DSCF0193

DSCF0195

Rustic meets vintage

DSCF0196

One of moms earrings adorns the center

DSCF0197

no Christmas pillow collection would be complete without at least one bird. I made the yo-yo’s, but the buttons are vintage. The crochet lace once belonged to my mother

DSCF0194

To create the snowflake I used old laces and buttons. The center decoration is just something I had picked up a year ago at the Star Mill. I didn’t know what I would do with it. Just thought it was kindof funky!

DSCF0199DSCF0198

Wool and fabric flowers. The center of the black twisted flower was another of moms earrings.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

very nice mom, but now no one can use those pillows to take a nap, unless they want to wake up with a funky imprint in their face.

Instagram